Robotics at CMU
A Few Reasons to Choose Robotics at Carnegie Mellon
- When you attend classes at Carnegie Mellon’s Robotics Institute, you’re at the center of international robotics research and education. CMU offers more undergraduate classes in robotics than any other university.
- We have one of the largest networks of alumni—both undergraduate and graduate—working in the robotics industry.
- Students at the Robotics Institute are highly interdisciplinary. They take classes with other students from Carnegie Mellon’s top-rated programs in business, management, fine arts, engineering, pure and applied sciences and the humanities.
- Oppurtunity to learn from faculty members who are international leaders in developing robots that can see and understand the world around them, and can walk and move safely in that world.
- Scientists from the Robotics Institute developed the software that steered a self-driving SUV to victory in the DARPA Urban Challenge robot race, guided NASA’s rovers on Mars, and sent an unmanned submarine to the deepest sinkhole on Earth.
- Robots developed at CMU are also moving into the homes of people with physical or mental challenges, to help them lead more productive and active lives.